Friday, June 6, 2008

Steak Salad, Yummy Yummy




O.K., I need to get that dang Wiggles song out of my head because now everything coming out of my mouth is sung to the tune of "Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy." (Note to self, no more Wiggles watching for Jaden over the next few days. )

Anyway, last night hubby and I had the best steak salad - it was my take on Tyler Florence's Steak Salad with Texas Peaches, Pecans, and Limes. Our peach tree has produced a bumper crop this year, so I've been on the hunt for any recipe that uses peaches (last weekend's fresh peach pie was so very good!). The peaches were grilled with a touch of EVOO and s&p, and they were fabulous. I used almonds b/c I didn't have any pecans (child is allergic), which I roasted in the oven with lime juice and chili powder. I also used a smokey ranch dressing and added fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers from the garden. The bread in the photo is a slice of George's yummy rye Jaden and I made, with a smear of herb butter. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc and I was happy...

till next time,
-Nicole

No comments: