Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beach Baby


About 4 years ago, I started a small baby business as a means to unleash some energy from my crafty curse. Yes, I'd just had a baby and yes, I was overwhelmed, and yes, I'm a glutton. Over the last year, Up To The Moon (the biz name) has definitely taken a back seat, due to a super busy kid's schedule and me trying to get my priorities straight. When I received an order yesterday from a client in California, I just couldn't turn it down. Sure it took time out of our day to crank some things out, but for me it was worth it (despite the guilt I feel when child o'mine peeks his head in my sewing room every five seconds and gives me that pouty "you're ignoring me again" look). Let me just say it now, I LOVE TO CREATE THINGS! I cannot deny myself this pleasure (or sickness, depending on how you look at it). So one slightly neglected child and a bit of a mess later, we have our surfboard changing pads and matching bibs on their way to California. I love this on-the-go changing pad; it's cute and pretty practical for that matter (find out more about it here).

Living deepinahearta I have done many western themed baby items, which are great, but I am a beach girl at heart. I guess it just proves you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take California out of the girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, Nicole!! How creative you are.