I found these tiny squashes today called Sweet Dumplings at my local market, so I decided to give them a try. They're quick and easy to prepare:
- cut the tops off and scoop out any seeds
- rub them with EVOO and S&P (for a little spice, sprinkle with a bit of fresh grated nutmeg)
- place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet
- roast at 350 for 35-40 minutes
- sprinkle tops with brown sugar and roast an additional 5-10 minutes or until tops are golden
These gems are super yummy, especially with the sprinkling of brown sugar on top. If you happen to find some, give them a try. Even my son gobbled them up! And check out this website for all kinds of squash recipes.