Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The fabric of friendship

Today I would have liked nothing more than to have a few a minutes to visit my blog and post about some yummy recipe that I've had the chance to try, or write about a fun project I've been working on. Things that take my mind off of the daily stresses of life and the reasons I started a blog in the first place. Lately, though, it seems as if my days are swallowed up so quickly I can't even recall a small taste of them. There is no time for much of anything other than the daily grind, and to be honest, things are GETTING TO BE A BIT MUCH kinda stressful right now. Seriously, Murphy has taken up residence at The Moon.

Great White Hunter is a good husband, father, and provider. He keeps us all together over here and works dang hard at doing so. When I really need to vent, though, I usually turn to my girlfriends (and GWH loves this because it saves his ears from my ramblings). Girlfriends ears know when to listen and not talk. They can make us laugh at the most difficult times, cry with us when it seems like the right thing to do, and tell it to us straight when it's what we need to hear.

Today was getting the best of me until a phone conversation with a very sweet friend. By the end of our talk I was laughing so hard I could hardly remember why I was stressed out to begin with, and she also helped me see the forest through the trees (or snapped me back into reality, however you choose to look at it). Now I won't need to dump everything on the hard working hubby as soon as his foot enters the door.

If you are surrounded by good girlfriends, take a minute to thank them for always being there for you and being what you need when you need it. Then, take a minute to make sure you are returning the favor. To quote Douglas Pagels, "A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be."


No comments: