Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A skate back in time

Tonight I will strap on some roller skates, something I have not done in many moons, and hit the local roller rink with my fellow mammas. I can't wait. When I was young, roller rinks were the thing to do and I loved to skate. If I close my eyes I am back in time; the lights are flashing and the music is loud, and I'm rolling without a care in the world (except hoping my hair looks good, because a cute guy just skated past me). If it was just me and my friends at the rink, we'd stand at the railing during every couple's skate hoping someone would ask us to skate. Oh, youth. What a simpler time. If only our worries back then were the extent of our worries now. Well, at least I'll have tonight to take me back...to a place...where nobody dared to go...(sing it with me, then say a prayer I don't break anything!)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. Darn, did someone use that one already? Disco disco duck.

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great time and i love this photo!

Dancing Queen said...

that is awesome!!

never learned to roller skate...small town, we never had a rink, and the driveway wasn't too inviting:)

i bet you whipped around like it never left ya!

Honorary Indian said...

It really was too much fun, wasn't it??? Can't wait to get my pics uploaded and on the blog...

And, HOORAY for answered prayers for you!

:-)

cottage farm villa said...

Sounds like a blast! Hope you are still in one piece!! :)