Monday, December 15, 2008

Reality Check

Wow, what a beautiful day! The beach is gorgeous right now; warm sun, sand and surf. People are walking along the shore, greeting me with friendly smiles as I relax in my lounge chair. Oh, and someone just brought me the most delightful tropical drink. Could this day get any better? Now I even hear birds singing...hmmm...how nice.

Wait a minute. I think those birds are my alarm going off (yes, my alarm is birds chirping). Seven a.m. Monday morning? I must have been dreaming. Good grief. Well, better get up and see what's really waiting to greet me. This day can't be too bad.

I'll just get my robe and grab some coffee first. Watch out for that huge load of laundry in my closet. Hello laundry. What's that? You need to get done today? I'm off to the kitchen for that coffee first. Hello dirty dishes. Don't look at me like that. You'll get done in due time. I just want to sit at the table and enjoy this one cup of joe. Oh, hello dust. Wow, I can almost write my name on this table! Guess I've been neglecting my house while I've been putting up decorations, shopping, wrapping, shipping gifts, mailing cards, etc. OK, I'll look out the window instead. Hello dog slobber on the window. Are you back again? Maybe I'll try staring at the floor. Dirty floor, is that coffee or chocolate milk I see on you? Take a number, I'll get to you later.

I'm going to move in to the office and take a looksey at my email while trying to enjoy this coffee. Hi ginormous stack of mail. Do you need someone to sort through your messy self? Of course you do. I'll head out to the front porch and finish my coffee first. Yikes, it's FREEZING outside! Forget that! Now my coffee is cold. I'll pour another cup. Excuse me, list of things to do on the fridge, I need my peppermint mocha creamer. Wow, list. Did you get bigger overnight?

I think I'll go back to bed and try to find that dream again. I should have a few minutes before...
"Mommy, can you fix me breakfast now?"

3 comments:

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Nicole! Are you sure you didn't wake up in my house this morning? Your list of things to do sounds an awful lot like mine; right down to the dog slobber on the window.
My hubby and I were in Bourne just yesterday and The Little Nature Shop buying bird seed. I LOVE your town and wish we'd been able to more there. Oh well, maybe someday...
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying Hi. It's a pleasure to meet a fellow Texa-calian!
Patricia :o)

Jacque said...

It is so comforting to know we are all so similar in our lives, helps me stop beating myself up for every little thing that is waiting to be done! Besides blogging is a lot more fun then dishes & laundry! Jacque

Dancing Queen said...

oh, has it ever been hard to wake up this week!! especially with this weather...wanting to stay indoors & not being able to...hope you're enjoying your week, despite waking up from the beach:)